Friday, July 3, 2015

June Yarnbox Luxe

As a birthday gift to myself in May, I signed up for Yarnbox Luxe and I am so excited! Yarnbox is a subscription box club that sends out curated boxes of yarn, knit and crochet patterns, and other notions. They currently have 4 different subscriptions that you can sign up for - Classic (monthly), Sock (monthly), Plus (starting in July), and Luxe (quarterly).

Even though the Luxe is really only geared towards knitters, I signed up for it anyways because I wanted the more luxurious yarns, and the other notions they include in the box. Turns out, in the December box, they will have a crochet option - yay!

So, here's the box.

And here's what's inside:


7 (!) skeins of Shibui Knits Linen yarn from Portland - this is the muted neutral colorway of ivory, ash and field. Each skein of this linen yarn has 246 yards, so I have 1722 yards to play with. The yarn feels a little rough, but I hear that linen softens as you work with it and after it gets washed.

 
Octave, a knit scarf/wrap pattern by Shibui - this is a cute scarf/wrap, and while I have considered making a crochet version of it, I have found a couple other patterns that I might make instead. Check out the Rococo Waistcoat which is currently in first place on my list. I could use a pretty neutral vest this summer.

 
Wee Lil' Pouch from splityarn - this is cute and will probably end up holding my yarn needles and stitch markers...or change in my purse.

 
Stitch Markers by Bling Your String - I plan to add lobster clasps to these so I can use them for crochet

All of this for about $75, which includes 2 day priority shipping. I am overall very impressed with this box and am looking forward to using my new yarn and seeing what comes in the next shipment in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment