Friday, June 13, 2014

Ahh...summer!

It's officially summer around here...not that the weather would clue you in though. Cloudy, rainy, windy and chilly...and actually one of my favorite kind of days. I was born and bred in Western Washington, that's for sure!

Monday was my last day off class. The students took their final and I got most of my grades calculated.

Tuesday was the release of the new Outlander book, Written in My Own Heart's Blood. Any guesses as to what I did on Wednesday?

Wednesday, I finished the Outlander book. 800+ pages, and now I have to wait another 3 years or so for the next book. At least this one didn't end on as much of a cliff hanger as the last one did. Thanks for that, Mrs. Gabaldon. :)

Thursday was errand day. We have a lot of events that need gifts in the next week and a half - birthdays, graduations, Father's Day, and a baby shower - so I spent the afternoon picking out gifts while Elijah was at school.

Today, Friday, is the beginning of potty training. I'm already exhausted. No worries, there will be no posts about potty training. I'm so not that kind of mom :) However, in between outfit changes, I've been busy with my crochet hook.

I've been working on a new skill, beaded crochet, and I am enjoying it so far. Check back next week to see a tutorial for the new (super easy!) necklace I just made.


I've also been crocheting up a bunch of little bow rings. They're cute, and a tutorial is also in the works for next week. I'm currently wearing the teal one as I type. It matches the new necklace that I'm wearing :)

 
So far, I have been thoroughly enjoying my summer...and it's only just begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment