So, there has been a lot of those "Here are _insert number random things about me. Like this post, and I'll give you a number" things going around on my Facebook feed. I thought I would do one of my own, but not on Facebook. I am friends with way too many students, and that feels awkward to me. So instead, I thought I would do it here.
So, here are 10 random things about me. You do not have to like it, and I won't give you a number. :)
1. I have traveled to 22 different countries, 23 if you count Gibraltar as being different from England.
Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, St. Thomas, Puerto Rico, the Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, France, England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Belgium, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Austria, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, and Morocco
2. I went to 4 different schools for college - Trinity Western University in Langley, BC, Green River and South Seattle Community Colleges, and the University of Washington.
3. I have always hated the word "tongue" - not a good thing for a Linguistics major, let me tell you.
4. I can't stand the thought of having something between my toes, and it took a long time for me to be okay with flip flops. Toe socks and the Vibram FiveFingers shoes literally make me cringe - I can't even look at people wearing them without involuntarily shuttering.
5. My dad taught me how to crochet. My grandma taught me how to use a sewing machine. My mom taught me how to cross-stitch.
6. One of my ancestors came to the New World on the good ship Anne in 1623, and most likely was present at the second Thanksgiving. You can read about the miracle that preceded the second Thanksgiving here. I think that's pretty cool.
7. I hated my middle name, Ryan, growing up. I kept trying to convince my parents to at least change the spelling to something more feminine - Ryanne or Rianne. Of course, they never did, and I eventually grew to like it.
8. I am a slight closet feminist. I don't plan on burning my bras at any point, but a lot of the Christian material for woman and marriage gets me a little hot under the collar. Please don't ever ask me when I plan to quit my job and become a stay-at-home mom. For some women, it's great, they love it and excel at it - good for them! For me, not so much.
9. One of my most vivid dreams was about the play areas at my elementary school being filled with water, and there was a white duck with rainbow-colored wings floating around that turned into a cat when you picked it up. I must have been 8 or 9 when I had the dream, and I can still remember exactly what happened 20 years later. Any dream analysts out there?
10. I am 1/6th owner of a bean sprout factory. My husband owns 1/3 of his parents' business, and I own 1/2 of whatever he owns. Bonus fact - I hate bean sprouts.
It's kind of fun thinking about the things people might not know about you. What's something random about you?