Sunday, June 9, 2013

Peacock Baby Shower

Well, things didn't turn out quite as planned for my best friend's baby shower yesterday.

First, I got food poisoning and/or a 24 hour bug. I woke up all kinds of sick at 2 in the morning. It was awful. I was up pretty much all night, as was my husband who also got mildly sick. I ended up having to call my mom in the morning and ask her to come help because there was just no way I could manage. I dehydrate incredibly quickly (and always have) so I get really sick with things like this. My mom, James and my best friend's mom got everything ready and set up while I laid in bed feeling like death. They did a great job, and I am so thankful for them. I was able to join the land of the living around 5 in the evening, with my grape juice and Pedialyte cocktail (no alcohol added, obviously), and got to spend some time with Sarah and her baby shower guests.

Second, apparently using the phrase "Regrets Only" on an invitation confuses people. In case anyone is wondering, it means let the person know only if you can't come. Since many of the invited guests never responded, I was expecting a large number...and only 7 showed up. Poor Sarah, I felt so bad for her. It was even worse for her because she had seen many of those guests at her little brother's graduation party just hours before. Some even told her they would be there and then didn't show. Then we had the crazy lady who took it upon herself to invite a whole bunch of people (some Sarah didn't even know) via Facebook, and then didn't show up herself. Not cool, people, not cool...

Needless to say, there are no pictures. Sarah had to pack everything up right after the party, and all the decorations I made doubled as gifts, so there was nothing to take pictures of once I was feeling better.

Sarah, I'm sorry your baby shower didn't turn out exactly as either of us planned, but I love you and I know you're going to be a great mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment