Friday, June 21, 2013

Naptime: Day 6 and 7

Elijah and I have been stuck at home today waiting for the UPS delivery of my new Orla Kiely shoulder bag.
Cute, huh?

Here are some things I've been working on today:

1. Cross Stitch on Crochet - this is the ae ligature known as the "ash", it is the phonetic symbol that begins my name (Ashley) in IPA (the International Phonetic Alphabet), and it is my favorite phonetic symbol because it is fun to write. I'm kind of a linguistics nerd. While everyone else is going gaga over the ampersand (&), the "at" symbol (@), and the pound sign now more commonly known as the hashtag (#), I have stayed true to my roots. There is no glass in the frame, and this is currently sitting on our piano. This was not a one day project, I've been working on it here and there all week.

2. Meet Ollie, Ink, Squish and Violet, my hot-off-the-hook octopus minions. A little scrap yarn, some mismatched buttons, and ta-da! Cuteness! Not sure what I'm going to do with them, but I've spent most of the morning contemplating their little personalities :) These work up super fast...I think I see more of them in my future!


3. My friend, Meg, has just announced her new photography venture, LifeSong Photography. To show my support, I whipped up this little camera strap cover. It's not perfect, but it's fun, and I hope she'll like it. I used fabric that left over from making her daughter an apron ages ago and my embroidery machine. Maybe I'll have another friend to swap talents with...huh, Meg?

 
 
James should be home from work anytime now (yay for getting off early on a Friday!)...and I hope my new bag will be, too!
 
I'm off to enjoy the weekend, because on Monday, it's back to work for 8 weeks. Summer Quarter, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment