Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Break Cometh!

So, it's the last week of the quarter - thank goodness! I haven't had much time to do much crafting, and we made the horrible decision to convert Elijah's crib into a toddler bed the same weekend as Daylight Savings - we are ALL paying for that one :). However, I'm compiling a list of must do crafts to complete during naptime once Spring Break starts.

On my list - polymer clay key pendants, woven paper journal cover, fabric covered button bracelet, a felt school bus pillow, and a new bag pattern to try out. Check back next week to see how I spend my Spring Break.

In other news - my students are acting out scenes from the play we read in class (Have You Hugged an Orphan Today? A Modern Day Robin Hood by D.M. Larson available here) and they are hugely entertaining. My favorite moment so far - watching my female Saudi student try to teach one of the female Chinese students, who is playing a nun in her scene, how to wrap a head scarf. Today, the female Saudi's husband is playing the same nun in his scene, and he asked me what he should wear. I told him that his wife could wrap one of his headscarves on him, to which everyone laughed. We are all anxiously waiting to see what he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment