Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Naptime: Day 3 - Studio/Office/Craft Room Clean Up

We love our studio/office/craft room. We spend lots of evenings in there. James works on his music, I work on...well, I work on whatever I'm working on that evening: sewing, crocheting, crafting, blogging, reading, grading, etc...it all gets done in there. The one thing we both dislike about this room is that it gets cluttered so quickly. Today I spent a couple of minutes tidying up (and making room for my yarn stash).

Here are a couple before and after shots.

James' corner of the room. (James was at a music workship this weekend, and his equipment hasn't been unpacked yet. His keyboard would normally be on the computer desk, and his laptop, and other musical things that I'm not really sure what they're called are usually on the blue desk.)

 My corner of the room.

The lounge area. (We are in the process of getting rid of the desk is the corner - anyone want it?)

I still don't know exactly where I'm going to put my yarn. Maybe a cute box under the window once the desk is gone...or maybe inside the ottomans in front of the couch...for right now, I'm just happy with having the room tidy again. My creativity always flows better in a clean room.

For the first time in a long time, I read an entire book in one sitting, The Tutor's Daughter by Julie Klassen. It was enjoyable, although parts of it seemed rather familiar. At least it ended happily, which is how I generally believe all books should end. I know it's not real life, but if I wanted real life, I would watch the news. However, I am now regretting staying up until midnight to read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment